Posted by Mitchell Insurance Agency on
Do you ever wonder what you would do if you accidently hit a deer on your day to day commute? Wonder no more, here are a few helpful tips in case you crash into a deer with your vehicle:
- First you should pull off to a safe location to check for any damages to the vehicle.
- When you are out looking at the damage to your vehicle always make sure that you keep your distance from on coming/going traffic as well as the deer to avoid any type of injuries.
- It is always a good idea to take photos of the damage just in case the insurance company would like to see the damage.
- When leaving the scene of the collision always make sure you check your surroundings because normally deer travel in groups and there may be more to follow.
- Lastly if the deer is blocking the road or even on the side of the road it is a good idea to call your local law enforcement agency so they can take care of it.